History of the Branch
Branch 40th Anniversary
2015 sees the Fortieth Year of Rochdale, Oldham and Bury Branch. A small Sub Committee, chaired by Graham Chinn, has a number of recommendations as to how we will mark this event. It will be discussed at the December Branch Meeting and a full report will appear in the next CAMRA Calling. In the meantime if you have any old photos or memorabilia, please look them out.
Branch Anniversary Celebrations
2015 marks the 40th anniversary of the Rochdale, Oldham and Bury branch of CAMRA – a meeting to test support was held on 25th February 1975 and the first branch meeting was held on 25th March. A small sub-committee has been set up, chaired by Graham Chinn, to plan commemorative events and a draft programme has been agreed as follows:
• 40th Anniversary Celebration at the Flying Horse in Rochdale on 25th March
• Coach trip 28th March (details elsewhere in CAMRA Calling)
• Commemorative tee shirts/polo shirts
• Commemorative Beer to be commissioned for April branch meeting and Oldham Beer Festival
• Film of old pub crawls in Oldham and pub photos at the Carrion Crow on 19th May
• JW Lees Brewery Trip on 18th June
• Meal at a curry house “a ruby for the ruby” on 23rd July
• Memorabilia – members are asked to seek out memorabilia/records, such as photos of branch events, pubs and breweries, beer festivals, pub guides, branch magazines, social trips etc. Please bring details to branch meetings for cataloguing and possible inclusion in a potted history of the branch. Special meeting to be arranged later in the year to display items.
• Articles in “More Beer” and the wider press
• Further details will be announced at branch meetings and in future editions of CAMRA Calling.