Branch Pub of the Year 2020/2021
As we approach the time of year when we again select our Pub of the Year (PoTY), it is worth reminding ourselves of the current holder of the 2020 Pub of the Year award, the Flying Horse, Rochdale. The “Flyer “as it is often known is also the current Greater Manchester Pub of the Year.
Sadly due to Government restrictions, the Flying Horse, along with all our other pubs has had to be closed during much of its tenure as our PoTY, but now thankfully open again, albeit with the limitations imposed by the Government.
Rochdale, Oldham and Bury Branch usually presents the award at an all members meeting, but sadly this was not possible this year. As we move towards the selection of the 2021, the Branch wishes to share its photos of the award, outside the pub on a gloomy day last December and once again congratulate owner Ben Boothman and his fantastic staff on their achievements in winning both our award and the Greater Manchester one.
The Branch expects to announce the winner of the 2021 award at the beginning of July this year.
Peter Alexander (Branch Chair)
The Branch covers the Metropolitan areas of Rochdale, Oldham and Bury, and is one of 8 within the CAMRA Greater Manchester Region covering the Greater Manchester area. As a Branch we tend to use Rochdale as the administrative centre of the Branch, as it is reasonably easy to get to by public transport from most of the areas across the Branch. This is why all of our Branch meetings are currently held in The Baum, Rochdale.
For getting around the Branch go to Transport for Greater Manchester.
Follow this link for more details About the Branch
Are you a ROB Camra member?
You can sign in to the Members Area using your CAMRA membership number (less any 0's at the front) and your postcode as the password, no spaces. This site is case sensitive!
This page is for ROB Camra members only and will provide various links for the ROB Camra Branch use.
Get your pub on the Map!
The Branch Membership Secretary welcomes new members to the branch when they join CAMRA, but we only write to branch members who have not supplied a current e mail address. Our preferred method of communication is by e mail. Written mailouts happen infrequently, due to the costs and time involved.
If you have an e mail address and would like to be updated on a regular basis, please contact the Branch Membership Secretary
Branch members that supply an email address receive a monthly newsletter "Camra Calling" with up to the minute news from the branch, as well as reminders about meetings and socials.
You can also read "Camra Calling" by signing in to the Members Area using your CAMRA membership number (less any 0's at the front) and your postcode as the password, no spaces. This site is case sensitive!
If you used to receive e mails and have stopped receiving them, is it because you have changed your e mail address and not told us? Again, please contact Branch Membership Secretary.
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Sunday, 21:14 : Unfortunately due to ongoing restrictions we have had to cancel our social to belatedly celebrate our Branch Pub of the Year 2020 @FlyerRochdale tomorrow evening, so here are some photos. Check out rob.camra.org.uk for our Chair's statement on this and PotY 2021. pic.twitter.com/2HhwCBFH6k
- Monday 14 June, 08:05 : Pub of the Year voting has now closed. Results will be announced following verification!
- Saturday 12 June, 16:04 : RT @andycooper320: @CAMRA_ROB Vote. Use it or lose it, you know it makes sense. And if your in a pub don't forget to beer score on NBSS.
- Saturday 12 June, 09:16 : Less than 48 hours left to have your say. Carpe Diem! twitter.com/CAMRA_ROB/stat…
- Monday 7 June, 20:34 : RT @DavidRigby5: Just a week left to support @DonkeystoneBrew's planning application. Do it now. 🍺 twitter.com/DonkeystoneBre…