The Branch received some sad news recently that long standing branch member, Stuart Burslem, passed away peacefully in Bury Hospice on Friday 22nd march. The family arranged a “Direct Cremation” at Radcliffe Crematorium on Friday 29th March in accordance with Stuart’s wishes.
Stuart “the Glass” will be fondly remembered for helping out at many CAMRA beer festivals and events over the past 30 years. His love of Holt’s bitter was legendary and no doubt a branch event, centred on Whitefield, will be organised in the next few weeks, to enable branch members to raise their glasses in memory of Stuart.
The latest Magazine, More Beer Summer 2019 is available for downloading. You can also pick up the magazine in most of our pubs around the ROB Branch.
For previous issues go to the Branch Magazine page
Thanks from Ken and Jan
These are the flowers, chocolates and card which were presented to Ken/Jan on Tuesday 15th Jan and received with delight, with many thanks and appreciation to the members concerned.
Branch Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is The Flying Horse, Rochdale
Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2019 is The Cask and Feather, Rochdale
Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019 is The Regal Moon, Rochdale
Newcomer/ Most Improved Branch Cider Pub 2019
Branch Cider Best Newcomer of the Year 2019 is The Thirsty Fish, Bury.
Branch Club of the Year 2019
Branch Club of the Year 2019 is Dobcross band and Social Club, Dobcross
Branch Most Improved Club of the Year 2019
Branch Most Improved Club of the Year 2019 is Ramsbottom Royal British Legion, Ramsbottom
We are always looking to find out about any clubs in our branch which sell real ale. Our Clubs Officer, Don Booth, would be delighted to hear from you at ku.gro.armac.bor@sbulc
Or visit the Clubs page
Good Beer Guide 2019
The latest edition of the Good Beer Guide is now available and can be purchased at branch meetings at a discounted rate.
CAMRA nationally has also released the Good Beer Guide in popular ePub and Kindle formats plus Sat Nav versions
You can also purchase the latest GBG here Good Beer Guide 2019.
Local Pubs and Beer festivals
There are many of the pubs and other organisations in our Branch area that run beer festivals, details will be added here: National, Regional and Local Beer Festivals
For our Local Pubs follow the link
Would you like to do some Campaigning locally?
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Friday 18 September, 12:26 : RT @Behindthepumps: Beer! 🍺🍺 pic.twitter.com/dehoPkRg6R
- Friday 18 September, 12:26 : RT @Behindthepumps: Cider pic.twitter.com/p0KQ25Ib9z
- Monday, 13:45 : RT @SeriousBrewCo: Back in the webshop in Bag in Box! shop.seriousbrewing.co.uk @CAMRA_ROB pic.twitter.com/tSVZoBQm6K
- Monday 14 September, 15:33 : RT @caskaleweek: JUST 10 days until #CaskAleWeek 2020 starts!🍻 Shout out to the FANTASTIC pubs, pub cos & breweries planning activities in such challenging circumstances. Find the activity list (so far) here: caskaleweek.co.uk/activities-202… Stay tuned for more great activities #FreshPubBeer 🍻 pic.twitter.com/KIVvlxVKaN
- Tuesday 15 September, 18:46 : RT @donkeybrewer: As expected it’s been a cracking day! Here’s the kit all ready, leak free and just awaiting delivery of his cylindroconical 150L FV! Another very happy customer & a happy consultant! Anyone else need any help with brewery issues from home brew to 10BBL please get in contact!😁🍻 pic.twitter.com/6OS2xzxLJ3