The Branch received some sad news recently that long standing branch member, Stuart Burslem, passed away peacefully in Bury Hospice on Friday 22nd march. The family arranged a “Direct Cremation” at Radcliffe Crematorium on Friday 29th March in accordance with Stuart’s wishes.
Stuart “the Glass” will be fondly remembered for helping out at many CAMRA beer festivals and events over the past 30 years. His love of Holt’s bitter was legendary and no doubt a branch event, centred on Whitefield, will be organised in the next few weeks, to enable branch members to raise their glasses in memory of Stuart.
The latest Magazine, More Beer Spring 2019 is available for downloading. You can also pick up the magazine in most of our pubs around the ROB Branch.
For previous issues go to the Branch Magazine page
Thanks from Ken and Jan
These are the flowers, chocolates and card which were presented to Ken/Jan on Tuesday 15th Jan and received with delight, with many thanks and appreciation to the members concerned.
Branch Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is The Flying Horse, Rochdale
Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2018
The Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2018 is The Cask and Feather, Rochdale
Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019 is The Regal Moon, Rochdale
Newcomer/ Most Improved Branch Cider Pub 2019
Branch Cider Best Newcomer of the Year 2019 is The Thirsty Fish, Bury.
27th Oct An informal social to Dobcross Band & Social Club. Meet at the club between 12.00 and 13.30 and make your ow way there. Also hoping to visit other local pubs in the area and possibly Donkeystone Brewery. Contact Don gro.armac.bor@sbulc for more information.
We are always looking to find out about any clubs in our branch which sell real ale. Our Clubs Officer, Don Booth, would be delighted to hear from you at ku.gro.armac.bor@sbulc
Good Beer Guide 2019
The latest edition of the Good Beer Guide is now available and can be purchased at branch meetings at a discounted rate.
CAMRA nationally has also released the Good Beer Guide in popular ePub and Kindle formats plus Sat Nav versions
You can also purchase the latest GBG here Good Beer Guide 2019.
Local Pubs and Beer festivals
There are many of the pubs and other organisations in our Branch area that run beer festivals, details will be added here: National, Regional and Local Beer Festivals
For our Local Pubs follow the link
Would you like to do some Campaigning locally?
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Tuesday 14th May, 15:26 : RT @EagleChildRammy: If you like #caskale we do a great offer for @CAMRA_Official members with a pint of house ale for just £2.50 a pint… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday 17th May, 12:16 : RT @KenLynch73: @CAMRA_ROB twitter.com/morningad/stat…
- Friday 17th May, 11:01 : RT @BrilliantBoozer: A genuine stunner inside and out with beers to match, @FlyerRochdale is a winner Tag @BrilliantBoozer Email bril… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday 17th May, 15:13 : RT @thirstyFishBury: Good morning Friday @thirstyFishBury @buryfcofficial @CAMRA_ROB @BrianShenton54 @eastlancsrly @BuryTimes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday 7th May, 23:06 : RT @EastLancsCAMRA: It’s almost here! The greatly anticipated @clithbeerfest . We kick off at 6.30 pm on Thursday. Briggsy,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…