Campaigning News - August 25th 2019
Phil Brown and Don Booth attended a meeting last Thursday evening at the Rose & Crown in Bury.
Here is Phil's summary of the meeting
The meeting was organised by the licensee, who in turn asked if we would meet the locals and explain their options, now that Punch Taverns have put their community pub up for sale, without even consulting with the tenant.
Over 30 attended and we outlined the options around ACV ‘s and planning objections and the help that CAMRA can provide.
Don had already given a raft of printed material on how to apply for an AVC and the meeting agreed to set up a steering group ASAP to make an Application.
We were thanked by all for our input in our role as local CAMRA volunteers in taking time to meet them.
What can you do to help?
At this stage
1) contact the MP for Bury North - James Frith by email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) If you live in the locality then register your support at the pub
The Branch received some sad news recently that long standing branch member, Stuart Burslem, passed away peacefully in Bury Hospice on Friday 22nd march. The family arranged a “Direct Cremation” at Radcliffe Crematorium on Friday 29th March in accordance with Stuart’s wishes.
Stuart “the Glass” will be fondly remembered for helping out at many CAMRA beer festivals and events over the past 30 years. His love of Holt’s bitter was legendary and no doubt a branch event, centred on Whitefield, will be organised in the next few weeks, to enable branch members to raise their glasses in memory of Stuart.
The latest Magazine, More Beer Summer 2019 is available for downloading. You can also pick up the magazine in most of our pubs around the ROB Branch.
For previous issues go to the Branch Magazine page
Thanks from Ken and Jan
These are the flowers, chocolates and card which were presented to Ken/Jan on Tuesday 15th Jan and received with delight, with many thanks and appreciation to the members concerned.
Branch Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Pub of the Year 2019 is The Flying Horse, Rochdale
Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Most improved Pub of the Year 2019 is The Cask and Feather, Rochdale
Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019
The Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2019 is The Regal Moon, Rochdale
Newcomer/ Most Improved Branch Cider Pub 2019
Branch Cider Best Newcomer of the Year 2019 is The Thirsty Fish, Bury.
Branch Club of the Year 2019
Branch Club of the Year 2019 is Dobcross band and Social Club, Dobcross
Branch Most Improved Club of the Year 2019
Branch Most Improved Club of the Year 2019 is Ramsbottom Royal British Legion, Ramsbottom
We are always looking to find out about any clubs in our branch which sell real ale. Our Clubs Officer, Don Booth, would be delighted to hear from you at ku.gro.armac.bor@sbulc
Good Beer Guide 2019
The latest edition of the Good Beer Guide is now available and can be purchased at branch meetings at a discounted rate.
CAMRA nationally has also released the Good Beer Guide in popular ePub and Kindle formats plus Sat Nav versions
You can also purchase the latest GBG here Good Beer Guide 2019.
Local Pubs and Beer festivals
There are many of the pubs and other organisations in our Branch area that run beer festivals, details will be added here: National, Regional and Local Beer Festivals
For our Local Pubs follow the link
Would you like to do some Campaigning locally?
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Thursday, 10:45 : RT @Behindthepumps: Off out into Manchester on Saturday for him indoors birthday. There’s a good few @CAMRA_ROB members with us. Any recommendations? Cask not keg please (for those not at the last meeting.... you can met us at 12 at the Cob or tag along in town later on 🍻🍻
- Tuesday, 12:59 : RT @burybeerfest: Had an excellent morning calling in on the Bury breweries. Everyone's getting excited. Two learning point for next year: 1) order more beermats 2) take photos in the breweries for social media, rather than having to tweet entire remaining stock of beermats. pic.twitter.com/BLTrGU32Yh
- Friday 11 October, 11:55 : RT @burybeerfest: Nothing makes it real like the arrival of the beer mats. 4 weeks to go! pic.twitter.com/SkmUWIMJoQ
- Thursday 10 October, 16:36 : RT @Dobx_Band_Club: Today’s Oldham Times .... @CAMRA_ROB pic.twitter.com/4khc8R1FHi
- Tuesday 8 October, 19:30 : Clubs... Clubs... Clubs, clubs, clubs... CLUBS...! pic.twitter.com/bdOxAfbpJW