The Branch received some sad news recently that long standing branch member, Stuart Burslem, passed away peacefully in Bury Hospice on Friday 22nd march. The family arranged a “Direct Cremation” at Radcliffe Crematorium on Friday 29th March in accordance with Stuart’s wishes.
Stuart “the Glass” will be fondly remembered for helping out at many CAMRA beer festivals and events over the past 30 years. His love of Holt’s bitter was legendary and no doubt a branch event, centred on Whitefield, will be organised in the next few weeks, to enable branch members to raise their glasses in memory of Stuart.
The latest Magazine, More Beer Summer 2019 is available for downloading. You can also pick up the magazine in most of our pubs around the ROB Branch.
For previous issues go to the Branch Magazine page
Thanks from Ken and Jan
These are the flowers, chocolates and card which were presented to Ken/Jan on Tuesday 15th Jan and received with delight, with many thanks and appreciation to the members concerned.
Branch Pub of the Year 2020
The Branch Pub of the Year 2020 is The Flying Horse, Rochdale
Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2020
The Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2020 is The Cob and Coal Tap, Oldham
Branch Club of the Year 2020
Branch Club of the Year 2020 is Dobcross band and Social Club, Dobcross
We are always looking to find out about any clubs in our branch which sell real ale. Our Clubs Officer, Don Booth, would be delighted to hear from you at ku.gro.armac.bor@sbulc
Or visit the Clubs page
Good Beer Guide 2021
The latest edition of the Good Beer Guide is now available and can be purchased at branch meetings at a discounted rate.
CAMRA nationally has also released the Good Beer Guide in popular ePub and Kindle formats plus Sat Nav versions
You can also purchase the latest GBG here https://shop1.camra.org.uk/product/the-good-beer-guide-2021/?_ga=2.98914270.1948074886.1604939510-2118821993.1505977687.
Local Pubs and Beer festivals
There are many of the pubs and other organisations in our Branch area that run beer festivals, details will be added here: National, Regional and Local Beer Festivals
For our Local Pubs follow the link
Would you like to do some Campaigning locally?
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Friday 11 December, 13:45 : RT @tandleman: I just want to stand at the bar of a wet-led pub drinking a pint of decent cask beer and listening to the crack and feeling the buzz of a proper pub. 😣
- Monday 30 November, 10:33 : RT @EagleChildRammy: In today’s @guardian, you can read Glen’s interview about how the #hospitality industry is being slammed with inept restrictions and unnecessary forced closures theguardian.com/travel/2020/no…
- Monday 30 November, 21:36 : Nice glassware! twitter.com/BeerNouveau/st…
- Sunday 1 November, 17:49 : RT @colCAMRA: Hopefully a sensible decision to allow takeaway sales will be made twitter.com/jmcalder101/st…
- Sunday 1 November, 11:38 : RT @GrimsbyCamra: Find your MP here and write them a note pointing out the anomaly of supermarkets being allowed to sell wine and beer, but that pubs are being restricted. members.parliament.uk/members/Commons