The Branch received some sad news recently that long standing branch member, Stuart Burslem, passed away peacefully in Bury Hospice on Friday 22nd march. The family arranged a “Direct Cremation” at Radcliffe Crematorium on Friday 29th March in accordance with Stuart’s wishes.
Stuart “the Glass” will be fondly remembered for helping out at many CAMRA beer festivals and events over the past 30 years. His love of Holt’s bitter was legendary and no doubt a branch event, centred on Whitefield, will be organised in the next few weeks, to enable branch members to raise their glasses in memory of Stuart.
The latest Magazine, More Beer Summer 2019 is available for downloading. You can also pick up the magazine in most of our pubs around the ROB Branch.
For previous issues go to the Branch Magazine page
Thanks from Ken and Jan
These are the flowers, chocolates and card which were presented to Ken/Jan on Tuesday 15th Jan and received with delight, with many thanks and appreciation to the members concerned.
Branch Pub of the Year 2020
The Branch Pub of the Year 2020 is The Flying Horse, Rochdale
Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2020
The Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2020 is The Cob and Coal Tap, Oldham
Branch Club of the Year 2020
Branch Club of the Year 2020 is Dobcross band and Social Club, Dobcross
We are always looking to find out about any clubs in our branch which sell real ale. Our Clubs Officer, Don Booth, would be delighted to hear from you at ku.gro.armac.bor@sbulc
Or visit the Clubs page
Good Beer Guide 2021
The latest edition of the Good Beer Guide is now available and can be purchased at branch meetings at a discounted rate.
CAMRA nationally has also released the Good Beer Guide in popular ePub and Kindle formats plus Sat Nav versions
You can also purchase the latest GBG here https://shop1.camra.org.uk/product/the-good-beer-guide-2021/?_ga=2.98914270.1948074886.1604939510-2118821993.1505977687.
Local Pubs and Beer festivals
There are many of the pubs and other organisations in our Branch area that run beer festivals, details will be added here: National, Regional and Local Beer Festivals
For our Local Pubs follow the link
Would you like to do some Campaigning locally?
Twitter / CAMRA_ROB
- Sunday 1 November, 17:49 : RT @colCAMRA: Hopefully a sensible decision to allow takeaway sales will be made twitter.com/jmcalder101/st…
- Sunday 1 November, 11:38 : RT @GrimsbyCamra: Find your MP here and write them a note pointing out the anomaly of supermarkets being allowed to sell wine and beer, but that pubs are being restricted. members.parliament.uk/members/Commons
- Sunday 1 November, 13:45 : RT @CroydonCAMRA: Very worrying that the new guidance suggests pubs can't serve takeaway alcohol from Thurs - it's the only way some of them survived last time around. Please try to get this amended. @CPhilpOfficial @LabourSJ @SteveReedMP @scullyp @ElliotColburn
- Sunday 1 November, 10:30 : This will put pubs out of business if it is enacted into law. @JamesDalyMP @Christian4BuryS @ChrisClarksonMP @tony4rochdale @JimfromOldham @Debbie_abrahams @AngelaRayner pic.twitter.com/3AiiyemB4c
- Thursday 29 October, 14:34 : RT @SeriousBrewCo: Letter to our MP @tony4rochdale about the state of support for businesses who've been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions but haven't had to close. Businesses like ours who rely heavily on the hospitality sector have been left in limbo. @CAMRA_Official @SIBA01 pic.twitter.com/X4qnrdAPrg