White Lion1 Delph Lane
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This attractive stone building at the end of the village street was originally three buildings which became one pub in 1790. Characterful and welcoming it was comprehensively renovated in Jan 2014 with new flooring, carpeting, dining area and a wood-burning stove when new licensees took over. There are plans to develop the food side of the business and they have installed a wood fired pizza oven outside the pub to complement traditional home-cooked pub dishes. Occasional events are held including ones for charity and Beers, Brass and BBQ concerts fortnightly on Sunday afternoon in summer.